Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend Highlights

1. My sister-in-law, Whitney, brought her adorable baby home this weekend.
Cassidy Tate Smart.

2. My basketball season is officially over. I coached a 5th grade girls basketball team this past winter. We called ourselves the Knockouts. These girls were so cute and good at basketball, too! I was a little worried when we lost our first game 28-6, but it didn't take long for these little ladies to catch on and we won the rest of the games.
3. The boys and I have a new favorite hot spot: George Rogers Park.
It's an oldie but goodie. My mom brought me to this park ALL the time when I was just a little kid and I loved it. I thought it was great then, but now it is even better. It has a great bike path that I run on and the boys even LET me do it first because they know afterwards they get to play with the ducks, on the rocks, on the playground and run wild exploring this great park.
Here are Warwick and Brody feeding the ducks. Warwick looks pretty happy in this photo, but he only lasted about 2 seconds. One of the ducks reached up and snatched his whole piece of bread right out of his hands and it freaked him out! Brody fed every last crumb to those crazy ducks as fast as he could as they chased him down.
Warwick's favorite part of the park: Rock Climbing. If only you could hear him squealing as he jumped from rock to rock. It was priceless.

























































































































4. My sister and her family came for a visit and brought their cute dog, Hershey. Warwick loved her. Poor little Hershey couldn't hide from Warwick. He's holding her so perfectly here, but most of the time he was either holding her by the neck or by the tail! Poor dog!
Madison and her cousin Halli at church wearing their matching baptism dresses. These two girls played non-stop all weekend.

Me, my sister Kelly and my beautiful mom
at church. 5. Brody gave Jason a haircut.



6. Warwick learned how to cook for himself.


3 comments:

Joe, Jennifer, Clara, Hannah, Eliza, Isaiah said...

Love all the pictures!!! It looks like you guys are having lots of fun and staying really busy! I still need to come down and hang out....look at the weekend of March 26-28. I'll be coming down that Friday, I think ;)

Dozen Senses said...

That was a fun catchup Di.
-exciting to hear about the new baby. I sure like the name they chose for her! It would be so fun to take T-bone & Dash to some of the parks I played at when I was little like them. After I read your post I decided that I need to take the very long trip to Beaver, Utah to make that happen!

WINTER IN SUNSHINE said...

my aunt is such a babe!! i love the new pictures di. just like my mom, i think the name cassidy tate is so cute! ok now cassidy needs a little buddy her age ;)