Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy July 4th!


It was great to be in America this year for the 4th of July. We started the day off with the annual 4th of July 5K in Corvallis. The Bushnell family has been doing this race for years. They meet up with the same group of runners every year and paint their bodies very patriotic. It is a fun tradition and the perfect way to get the 4th of July started off! After the race, there is a parade through town. Lots of kids get dressed up and ride their decorated bikes through town as they throw candy out to the crowd. The candy was Warwick's favorite part of the day! He was all smiles as lollipop after lollilop landed at his feet! We had a great BBQ at the Bushnell's house in Philomath and the night was ended with a round of fireworks at home. It is great to be back in the USA! Happy 4th!


This is Warwick, Madison and Brody watching the parade go by. Check out Warwick with his mouth and hands full of candy! I think he likes the 4th of July!

Me and Warwick after the race.

Whitney, Jason, Diana and Warwick. Jason is looking good with his paint job!

Happy 4th of July!


The Bushnell clan post-race.


3 comments:

Southwick Family said...

I like Jason's shorts... yowsa. What a great 4th of July! We miss you guys!

kimberly said...

Welcome back! I've enjoyed looking at all the places you have lived and visited. You've lived my dream of seeing the world!

Are you here (in the states) to stay?

Kimberly

Laurel Eldredge said...

Diana - what a woman!!! You are in such great shape! I am so jealous. I keep telling Denten when he makes some money I am going to find myself a personal trainer! Wish you lived closer and you could be my insperation. Love ya!