Friday, March 27, 2009

Jason built a fire last night to warm up our house. I love sitting by the fire reading a book or doing a puzzle. But, tonight we built a fire and roasted marshmellows.
Doesn't that roasted marshmellow look yummy?
Warwick didn't really have the patience for this. He liked to stick his marshmellow on the stick, stick it in the fire for about .5 seconds and then try and eat it. I think he liked the eating part the best.
Luckily, Warwick has a really nice big sister who roasted his marshmellow for him.
S'mores are the best treat!
I think Madison liked this the best. She stayed there so long her cheeks turned red!
Today, we went on another spring break adventure. We started off by riding bikes at Mary S. Young Park. I ran alongside the kids on their bikes. A perfect way to spend the day. Seriously. In nature...exercising...with my kids. Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos, but you'll have to trust me. It was beautiful and fun.
Next up, another picnic at another playground. I told you, this was our spring break to hit all the parks!
Warwick gets all shy when I take his picture these days. I am lucky if I can get one of him because he usually runs away from me giggling. He just woke up when we got to the park. He looks a little sleepy.
Madison and Brody LOVE picnics. Too busy chewing their food to smile.
My three little muskateers...ready to hit the playground.



I love the expression on Warwick's face!
After the playground, we went on a walk to explore the park.



Who would have guessed that playing baseball without a ball or bat would have been so entertaining??? We played this forever and it was actually fun! Mostly, we chased each other around the bases, which is always fun with kids. They just giggle the whole time. I love the sound of my kids giggling.
Here is a shot of Madison pitching. Looking good!
Here's Brody about to hit a home-run, while Warwick stands by as Madison's catcher. Brody managed to find an old broken pipe for a bat.
Home-run!
I really am going to be sad when this week is over and Madison is back in school. It is so fun to have all the kids together.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

That does look like the perfect way to spend spring break, or any break for that matter! How fun. You know I dislike Arizona more and more each time I see how pretty it is where you live. I love how green it is there.

Dozen Senses said...

I had so much fun reading about how you went park/trail hopping with your kids every day during Spring Break! Every morning I'd check to see if there was a new post. This morning when I checked I wanted another one! The picts of the "imaginary" baseball game you played with your kids are my favorite. Kacie's Spring Break starts today but I have to be a good sport & give up our time at home with her. Scott suprised her with a trip to Hawaii & she's leaving on a flight tomorrow to be with Jamie & Lindsi during their last five days there. Their last day of finals is Wednesday.