Sunday, March 22, 2009

Our first day of Spring Break and we were actually blessed with some sunshine! Unfortunately, Jason has to work on Saturdays, so it was just the kids and I out for an adventure today. Our first stop was the cemetery to visit my brothers (Jeffrey Marlon and Matthew Burt) and my little niece (Bailey Rae). It is extra special to visit them on a bright and sunny day because there are so many fresh flowers looking beautiful in the sunshine. My kids love to go to the cemetery with a bag of treats and listen to me tell them stories of Uncle Matt and the fun that the two of us had growing up together. Matt was my best friend growing up and so it is so fun to share my memories of him with my kids. They think Matt is so funny. I don't have any memories to share of Jeffrey, only the story of his life. But, they enjoy hearing that story as well. Especially, since they love Uncle John and going to his house to play. Jeffrey is John's twin brother that passed away a few days after their birth.
Sweet little Bailey Rae is my older brother, Dave's daughter. My kids especially love all the bunnies and angels that decorate her grave! Madison really loves to visit Bailey.

We each brought a daffodil to put on the their graves.


Brody and Warwick kept trying to steal all the cool stuff that people had brought to their loved ones' graves. Don't they look mischevious??




One of the last stories I told today was about Matt and I playing at George Roger's Park when we were kids. This was one of our favorite parks to play at. So, we decided to go have a picnic at the park. It was perfect timing, too, because Brody and Warwick were starting to run wild through the cemetery.

Here is our picnic at George Roger's Park.

This little guy is so cute. Look at those cute cheeks!

I think this means that they are done eating and ready to play!


Madison was really good at giving the boys under-dogs!






These dinosaur bones were my favorite part of the park! It was fun to see my kids enjoy them as much as I remember loving them!















This picture of the boys makes me chuckle! What you don't know is that Warwick and Brody both dressed themselves this morning. Brody is wearing like 5 shirts...no joke. He has a few tank-tops and t-shirts hidden under there and Warwick is wearing a whole outfit underneath his clothes! He has a cute pair of cargo shorts under his jeans and a shirt to match them! These boys LOVE to dress themselves these days and you can't help but love what they choose because they are so PROUD of themselves when they come downstairs all dressed and ready for the day!









It was a really fun day. When I tucked the kids in bed tonight, Madison leaned over to Brody and said, "I had so much fun with you today, Brody." Ah, gotta love those moments.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey there girly! i finally found your blog, and i must say i loved catching up on all your fun stuff your sweet family does together!! Loved all your pics!! :) thanks! talk to you soon.

Vicki said...

I bet it is bitter sweet being back in the place you grew up -- with so many memories swirling around. I am so glad you get to share the fun places you went with and stories of your brother with your kids. Miss ya!